Thursday, January 3, 2013

Reaching Goals..It's a Journey





Conclave of 2012 was by far one of the most memorable memories with NCSY. Conclave has always been special to me, since it is the only convention I have attended every year so far. Last year's conclave I received the Lev Tahor Citation, and lately, I've been striving for a bit more. I have grown a noticeable amount since the year has started up again and I set a new goal: to receive Havdallah dedication. I knew it wouldn't happen right away because that is the beauty of making goals; the journey to reaching them. However, only about a month later did this award come my way and I was beyond thrilled that I received this recognition. It makes me feel like I have been changing more lives than just my own. This conclave along with every other NCSY convention has opened my eyes to opportunities, challenges, and ways to grow and strive to be who I want to be. I have been making changes to my daily life ever since TJJ 2011. Giving a session about joy and happiness at conclave last weekend is one way to show that. Normally, I would NEVER have had the courage to do it! But I powered through it and through all the good and bad I have been through on this adventure, I am so very proud of myself and I hope I continue to make others proud as well.

Post by, Shaina Stasi

Contest Submission #10

No comments:

Post a Comment