Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Jacob and the Guitar Man

Recently, a friend of mine sent me a link to this YouTube video. The video shows the interaction between a street performer and Jacob, a blind eight-year old with autism. The street performer, Tyler Gregory, treats Jacob with utmost respect and even lets him touch his guitar. It's a truly magical performance.

From Tyler Gregory's website: 
"It was an ordinary day, walking to my regular spot to busk when I don't have a gig that night, and play music on the corner for a rotating crowd. When Jacob came over I felt excited about having another kid listen to the music. (Makes my day when kids dance to the music on the street... I already had a couple come over that day so it was already nice). However, unlike most kids that come up to me with curiosity, I felt so much energy coming off of him and I was completely overwhelmed. His hand on my leg was very powerful and about brought me to tears while playing. Not because he is blind or autistic.. but because of a connection I have never felt and one that is impossible to explain. Honestly, a feeling that came from my toes all the way up my body and surrounded me. I can't begin to explain it. I want to try to put it into words, but there is no way to tell how powerful his energy felt."

I never cease to be amazed by the amount of goodness in this world. While headlines might screen of corruption and terror, there are so many moments of breathtaking, pure, and genuine kindness and compassion. To me, these moments are undeniable proofs of Gd's will, Gd's existence, and Gd's intended purpose for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment