Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Inspirational Poems by David Selis


I am the hope 

(Inspired by Jewish history and HaTikvah)

I am the hope of two thousand years

I am the hope!
I am the hope that carried the Jewish people through troubled times---
through the trauma of the destruction of the temple.

I am the hope--- the hope for a return to our homeland.
I am the hope-- the hope for the continuation of the Jewish people.

I am the hope that was fulfilled with the return from Galut Bavel under Ezra and Nechemia.
I am the hope that sustained our people as roman troops sacked the Holy city!
I am the hope which has sustained our people for two thousand years!

I am the hope which grew stronger as our enemies stood upon us to destroy us.
i am the hope which drove the pioneers to begin reclaiming the land .
I am the hope which has sustained, sustained and will sustain our people!

I am the hope which despite the horrors of the ghetto, did yet live in our hearts.
i am the hope for a better future in which our children will no longer  face persecution.

I am the hope that inspired Jews to fight in the Warsaw ghetto.

I am the hope--- the hope of two thousand years.
I am the hope- the hope for a return to our land.

I am the hope;
the hope which drove the burned remnant of the shoah to flood the gates of the land of our fathers.

I am the hope, the hope which is not lost and will never be lost.

I am the hope; the hope which is passed on to our children as they journey to the land of our fathers.
I am the hope; the hope that Jews and Arabs will one day live in peace.
I am the hope; for a better tomorrow; a tomorrow free of terror, war and violence.

I am the hope; to be a free people in our land!
I am the hope which brings us closer to the days of the Messiah!
I am the hope; the hope for live in a world which will be fully redeemed!


I am the flame

(Inspired by my experiences on NCSY Yarchie Kallah)


I am the flame
I am the flame which burns within each Jewish soul!
        I am the spark which when given fuel and air,
------------------blossoms into a flame which starts a blaze.  

    I am the spark which is lit at Yarchie Kallah.
I am the flame of Torah which consumes everything.---------
I am the inferno which overpowers all that confronts it.-------------------




No comments:

Post a Comment