Monday, November 19, 2012

How can I do something?

Throughout the past few days, we have been hearing about the tough situation that has been going on in Israel. We have all been going through many emotions. One of them being distance. I feel that this is a very present emotion for myself and many others. We all feel for our brothers and sisters in Israel, but we are at a loss of what to do.  I came across something that looks to me like an amazing opportunity.

On this site, you can fill out a very simple form about yourself, and in return you get a name of a solider or resident who is in need of your help. This is your special partner. You can do anything you want, in his merit, to help him through this time. Acts of kindness, learning, davening, saying brachos etc... are all acceptable!

By having this one name become a part of you- I think that we will all be able to feel a little bit closer, and hopefully with HaShem's help we will be able to accomplish GREAT things! 

Here is the link:
http://www.shmiraproject.com/SignUp.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment