Thursday, April 18, 2013

Taking The Step




Today was the first day that I wore my Kepa without covering it up with a hat. 
This was a step that I knew was coming and wanted to happen. It just had to be the right time and today was it. 
When I woke up, I got ready and proudly put my Kepa on and left my red hat that I usually put on top of my Kepa on my shelf with only my kepa covering my head. 
I wondered what people were going to say or act like but this still did not stop me. 

I am proud to be Jewish and I have nothing to hide. I was free. A free and proud jew in my school with nothing to hide. I was not hiding anything when I put my hat on the last 7 weeks. 

I still wore my Kepa but was just waiting for the right time to take the step after I made a huge announcement 2 weeks before so that is the reason. I did not feel the power until the afternoon, about 30 minutes before JSU, and then it suddenly came to me. I took the step! I was so proud and still am. I wear my NCSY SUMMER kepa around that I bought at Yom NCSY last year on TJJ. 
That’s how my first day went wearing my Kepa at school.

Post by,
Lee Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment